Punjab is a well-known state in India that is located at the northwest end of the country.
The city of Chandigarh is the joint administrative capital of Punjab and Haryana.
The population of the state :2,96,77,000.
The State has 22 districts.
Punjabi language holds its origin from the ancient language of Sanskrit. There are many dialects that are associated with the Punjabi language.
Christian population constitutes about 1.02% of the total population.
About 405 groups are yet to be reached with Gospel.
Ancient Punjab formed part of the vast Indo-Iranian region. Sikhism began as a socio-religious movement, which was more interested in fighting evils in religion and society
The fight against the British rule had begun long before Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival on the scene. The revolt found expression through the movement of a revivalist or reformist character. Punjab was in the vanguard of India’s freedom struggle on all fronts in India and abroad. Punjab’s hardships did not end with Independence. It had to face the misery of Partition with large-scale bloodshed and migration. Besides their rehabilitation, there was the task of reorganization of the State.
Eight princely states of East Punjab were grouped together to form a single State called PEPSU (Patiala and the East Punjab States Union) with Patiala as its capital. PEPSU state was merged with Punjab in 1956. Later in 1966, Haryana was carved out of Punjab and during the same year, the erstwhile capital of Punjab was shifted from Shimla to Chandigarh.
Situated in the north-western corner of the country, Punjab is bound on the west by Pakistan, on the north by Jammu and Kashmir, on the north-east by Himachal Pradesh and on the south by Haryana and Rajasthan. There are 13 Members of Parliament from Punjab and 117 Members of Legislature are elected to form the State Government.
Punjab has accorded top priority to the development of Agriculture sector and has achieved about 3 per cent growth in the first for years of the 11th year plan.
- For a Revival in the churches of various denominations in Punjab.
- For the advancement of missionary work among Tribal people in the State done by Missionary Organizations.
- For the Believers to sincerely pray for a Revival in Punjab.
- For a unity among the believers of all Evangelical Churches in the State.
- For the believers to have a burden for the souls.
- For the believers to stand against all efforts of Satan to divert the believers from following Jesus Christ, towards the world.
- For the welfare of all the poor, downtrodden, destitute and orphans and the organizations which work for the welfare of those people.
- first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live
peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.(I Timothy 1:1-2)
- “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask (Pray to) the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field” – Jesus (Math:9:37-38)