Capital :: Bhubaneswar
Population :: 4,42,87,000
Official Language :: Oriya
Districts :: 30
Christian Population :: 2.8%
Unreached Groups :: 707
The name Odisha is derived from Sanskrit word. The Odisha state, which was once a land of Kings and Kingdoms, now boasts of being the rich source of natural resources. Its people, temple architecture, classical dance, religions, fairs and festivals, unique handlooms and handicrafts, green woodlands, rock caves, charming blue hills have always attracted historians, tourists, and travelers from all over the world. Its rich history, revolutionary freedom movement, fascinatingly sculptured temples and monuments, the tribal life characterized by dance, music, rituals, hunting, gaiety and wild ways have become important topics of research for great historians and scholars.
- For a Revival in the churches of various denominations in Odisha.
- For the advancement of missionary work among Tribal people in the State done by Missionary Organizations.
- For the Believers to sincerely pray for a Revival in Odisha.
- For a unity among the believers of all Evangelical Churches in the State.
- For the believers to have a burden for the souls.
- For the believers to stand against all efforts of Satan to divert the believers from following Jesus Christ, towards the world.
- For the welfare of all the poor, downtrodden, destitute and orphans and the organizations which work for the welfare of those people.
- first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live
peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.(I Timothy 1:1-2)
- “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask (Pray to) the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field” – Jesus (Math:9:37-38)